Hi, I’m Terrance Jeanisse, MBA also known as Coach T, Certified Life Coach, High School Guidance Counselor, and Student Mentor.
AND I AM HERE TO SEE THAT YOU ACHIEVE EVERY ONE OF THESE DESIRES!
- To have a better understanding of what your teen is experiencing in their life.
- To be able to share better dialogue with your child so that communication isn’t always so heavy
- To prevent your child from making the kind of mistakes that could lead to him/her destroying their chances of having a successful future
- To build your teens confidence so that they are more equip to overcome obstacles
- To set boundaries for both of you that will help for your family to be closer as a whole
- To rebuild the relationship with your teen before he/she has to move out for college or otherwise
By you visiting this page I know you want:
Coach T is a resident of Houston, TX that grew up in Lake Charles, LA, one of 5 children, and known for being sort of a family guy! A few words to describe him would be innovative, friendly, and effective. In addition to his educational endeavors, this gentleman is known for giving back to the world by mixing his passion for training with his love for making success stories out of others that are striving toward having positive futures and stronger family connections. He was educated at American Intercontinental University in Houston, TX and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management. During this time, he also served in the Student Government Association as the Program Treasurer. After a short time in business, Mr. Jeanisse returned to American Intercontinental University for graduate studies where he was grateful to receive the Dean's Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement. He left there in 2014 after receiving his Master's degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Management.
During his high school studies, he joined the military at the age of 17 in which he is still serving as a member of the Army National Guard 15 years later. He has served on military tours such as local deployments for stateside emergency missions to include hurricane's Katina and Rita in 2005. He is also an Iraqi Freedom Campaign Veteran for which he served as a Retention Sergeant and Battalion Strength Manager in 2010. Mr. Jeanisse holds such honors in the military as being the Distinguished Honor Graduate of Excellence in Leadership during the 2012 Warrior Leadership Course in which he was number 1 in a class of 149 soldiers. He has been named a military Solider of the Month in 2010 and has earned the Recruiter of Excellence Award in 2013.
He is also the Founder of Empowering Foundations (Management Training Consulting Agency) which was created as a result of his extreme passion for the art of leadership. Mr. Jeanisse is currently a student at North Central University where he is completing his doctoral studies (PhD) specializing as an Industrial Organizational Psychologist.
Coach T started his coaching career with adolescents and their families as a public servant working with the youth of underprivileged families of Houston, TX. Once Coach T saw how much of an impact he was able to have on the future of today’s teens he decided to change professions from a man of business to become a student advising professional. Although he loved business, he knew she had a passion for helping families on a deeper and meaningful level. Since then, he has never lost sight of his desire of working with and empowering children and adolescents. Because of this commitment, Coach T was awarded the Outstanding Student Advisor Award recently for the 2016-2017 school year.
Other than his professional endeavors, Coach T is an active participant within the Harris County Community where he donates his time and professional services to those members of the community who are in need of therapeutic and educational services, yet do not have insurance or the financial means.
EXPERIENCE WITH YOUTH AND FAMILIES:
- YMCA Business Teacher and Job Coach for (ages 15-18)
- “Change Happens” Program Teacher, Mentor, and Intern Leader (ages 16-18)
- Citizen School Apprentice Program Teacher (ages 12-14)
- Women’s Shelter Volunteer Reentry Coordinator for Families with Youth (ages 11-18)
- Volunteer Youth Advisor for LGBT Community fighting issues of homelessness (ages 13-19)
- Currently a High School Guidance Counselor for At-Risk Youth (ages 14-20)
- Founder & Sponsor of Houston Can Academy’s Military Troop Organization (Ages 15-19)
- Helping students and families make the best use of available opportunities and resources to fully develop each student’s individual potential.
- Knowledge of mentoring/intervention procedures, student appraisal, and post-secondary planning
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior through mentoring/intervention
- An understanding of psychosocial development of children and their influences of family, community and cultural differences as they interact with the educational process
- Experience working with high school students in an educational setting
- Identify reasons why assigned students are not successful in school or exhibit undesirable behavior.
- Work with families and students in alleviating adverse conditions to promote resiliency and academic success for at risk students.
- Assist parents in utilizing school and community resources to maximize their student’s educational abilities.
- Involve parents in the school to create positive academic and social outcomes for students.
- Listen to and respect the feelings and sensitivities of students and parents of all cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Help students overcome the social and emotional problems interfering with adjustment and achievement in school.
- Provide/coordinate special education related services for students with physical, mental, social, emotional and other educational disabilities.